Saturday, July 25, 2009

In "perfect" teeth, are your front teeth on the top supposed to touch your front bottom teeth?

I've had braces, and never forget to wear my retainer. But my dentist said something like: "Oh, you've had braces? I thought you were in the middle of having them. You have a slight over bite. Your top front teeth don't touch your front bottom." But if they did this, you'd be like a nutcracker, wouldn't you? He made me worried, because my orthodontist said I had perfect teeth not too long ago. Did they move or something? I don't remember my front top teeth ever directly hitting my bottom front teeth. My canines and back teeth touch, however.

In "perfect" teeth, are your front teeth on the top supposed to touch your front bottom teeth?
Well i also had braces and now mine currently touch. The teeth only slighty hit the bottom teeth. Hehe and no you wouldn't be a nitcraker having your teeth like that, they're not right one top of each other.


And i know that not wearing your retainer shifts your teeth to the way they were before. If you want to get it straightened back out you could always get braces again. Although they're expensive. Good luck and hope it all works out.


One last thing you can have a beautiful smile even if your teeth aren't perfect.
Reply:I had braces and my bottom teeth fit perfectly behind my front teeth. They touch, but only on the back of my top teeth and the top of my bottom teeth. Does that make sense?





They aren't supposed to meet at the bottom of the top teeth and the top of the bottom teeth - which WOULD be like a nutcracker, and would not allow you to chew properly.



konsole-devel

No comments:

Post a Comment