Thursday, April 16, 2009

Braces with a canine tooth?

I have a %26quot;Canine%26quot; tooth where my baby tooth was supposed to fall out. I need braces. But They would have to remove the baby tooth so that the canine could move down into place..has anyone ever had this? and If so, How long did it take before it moved into place with the braces?

Braces with a canine tooth?
Orthodontists send thier patients to have baby teeth and permanent teeth extracted all the time. Won%26#039;t take long for that baby to slide down once the b. tooth is removed
Reply:I had all of my canines (otherwise known as lateral incisors) taken out -- didn%26#039;t have enough room in my mouth for them -- before I got braces. But I%26#039;ve heard that they don%26#039;t do this quite as much anymore.





How old are you? Usually those teeth fall out around 8-9 (though it can vary)





I also had an issue where none of my roots of my baby teeth disintegrated, so I had to have all my teeth pulled out when the adult teeth started coming in (not at the same time, but in 2 groups of four, and then I had 6 taken out at once and they got rid of the adult canines at the same time (10 altogether)). I was 11for that last one. I had to have an appliance first to move my lower teeth out to improve my overbite. Then when I was about 14 or older I got braces. I know they are doing braces earlier now.





Here%26#039;s a sheet to tell about when teeth are supposed to fall out and adult teeth to take their place.





good luck.



computers

No comments:

Post a Comment