Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm getting braces soon.....but have to get impacted canine tooth removed first...please help me?

please let me know your own personal experience on this matter


thanks a lot

I'm getting braces soon.....but have to get impacted canine tooth removed first...please help me?
I had the same problem. I actually had 4 teeth removed. Braces can be very painful when they're tightened and can be frustrating. But worth it when the result is straighter teeth.
Reply:Hi. Before I got my braces on, my dentist noticed that I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth and 1 impacted molar. Before actually getting the braces on, my orthodontist had an oral surgeon remove the impacted wisdom teeth, but left the molar alone. With time, the molar started coming out on it's own very little by little, but it was sideways, pushing against my first molar. So, now, after having my braces for almost 3 years, my orthodontist decided to attach a bracket onto my 2nd molar becuause there's enough open area on the molar for a bracket. It's been about 4 months that I've had the bracket on the once-impacted molar and now it's looking much better: instead of sitting sideways pushing against my 1st molar, it's sitting sideways, and in a matter of 2 or 3 months, it'll sit upright, just like my other teeth. Your situation is the same but with a canine. It'll be fine once you get your braces on.



myspace images

No comments:

Post a Comment